Keep your ice clear and tasting fresh by cleaning your Forge Clear Ice Maker every 12 cycles (every 24 ice gems created). The automated portion of the cleaning cycle takes approximately 20 minutes, with total active time from the user requiring approximately 10 minutes throughout.
To clean the internal components of your Forge Clear Ice Maker, follow the steps below. You will be assisted by on-screen prompts.
- Plug the ice maker in.
- Use the front drain tube to empty all water from the ice maker. For faster draining, angle the tube as much as possible toward the floor.
- Remove and discard any ice from the ice maker.
- Press and hold the “Activate Clean Cycle” button for 3 seconds to begin cleaning cycle.
- Fill the ice maker reservoir with 8 cups of clean water, and add an entire bottle of Forge Cleaning Solution into the reservoir.
- Press the “Activate Clean Cycle” button to continue.
- Dip a sponge into the reservoir filled with water and Forge Cleaning Solution mixture and scrub gently to remove calcium or other deposits from interior surfaces and shelves. Inspect the filter in the back of the reservoir for any particulates needing removal, and scrub gently.
- Press “Activate Clean Cycle” button to continue. The light bar on the bottom of the door will switch to green, signaling cleaning mode is active.
- When the light bar begins to pulse green, action is required. Follow the on- screen prompts.
- Once cleaning is completed, drain the reservoir using the front drain tube. Remove and discard any ice in the ice maker. Do not consume this ice.
- Fill with 8 cups of fresh water. Press the “Activate Clean Cycle” button to continue to rinse cycle.
- When the light begins to pulse green, action is required. Follow the on- screen prompts.
- Complete one more rinse cycle. Fill with 8 cups of fresh water. Press the “Activate Clean Cycle” button to continue to rinse cycle.
- Once rinse cycle has been completed twice, drain the reservoir and press “Activate Clean Cycle” button to end the cycle.
To clean the exterior of the Forge Clear Ice Maker, use a soft cloth dampened with soapy water to gently clean the exterior surfaces. Dry with a soft cloth.
Do not use appliance wax, polish, solvents, or chemicals.